Criminal Justice Academies
Pre-Employment Preparation for Law Enforcement Class 010
This course is designed to prepare students to successfully complete a law enforcement pre-employment application and testing procedures. This course will also generally outline the specific responsibilities and duties of a peace officer. Examples of content that will be covered include:
- Overview of the criminal justice system
- Differences between municipal and county law enforcement
- Ethics, integrity, and professional standards in law enforcement
- Communication skills, the hiring process and employment opportunities
- POST required background checks and psychological testing
- Both written and oral communication skills
- Training and standards
- Officer safety
- Oral boards and communication skills application
- Mock oral board interview
- A guided tour of one of the OCSD jail facilities
- Physical training
Schedule of Classes
48 Hours 1.5 Unit
Class Fees: 1.5 unit= $69.00 + $19.00 (health fee) Fall & Spring. 16.00 (health fee) Spring Interession/Summer.
Orange County Sheriff's Regional Training Academy
15991 Armstrong Avenue
Tustin, CA 92782
Class Time: Tuesday, Thursday 5:30pm-9:30pm and Saturdays 8am-12pm. (Class meets ALL three days every week)
Recommended text book: The instructor will recommend a textbook on the first day of class.
To Register: Contact the Admissions Office at SAC or go online www.sac.edu click on the apply online link to register for courses offered at Santa Ana College.