Sign In
Contact Us

Out of State Students

Due to restrictive state regulations, Santa Ana College is not permitted to provide online courses or instruction to students in some states.  Please check with our Distance Education Office prior to enrollment. 

Out of State Student Requirements and Procedures

State Authorization

The U.S. Department of Education requires an institution offering distance education programs or on-ground field experience components to acquire authorization from the states in which it operates. Specific regulations vary from state to state.

Why It Matters To You

Before Santa Ana College can accept an enrollment from an online student for either a program or a course, the college must verify that the student's state permits instruction from our institution. For additional information, contact the Distance Education Office at 714-564-6725 or

Complaint Resolution

In compliance with the language passed in the Higher Education Opportunities Act of 2008, the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) conducted a Negotiated Rule Making Process in 2010, institutions offering distance education must provide enrolled and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting agency and with the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in the student's state. The following contact list provides a state-by-state list of the agencies in each state responsible for complaints regarding out-of-state distance education programs.
Contacting the Santa Ana College Distance Education Office is a recommended first step toward resolving instructional and student service related issues.

Complaint Resolution Contacts by State

Santa Ana College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: