What is NameCoach?
NameCoach allows students, faculty and staff to share and store the proper pronunciation of their name.
It is designed to support a more inclusive campus community and classroom/online and encourages a culture of respect. We often struggle with correctly pronouncing the names of students from diverse populations. NameCoach addresses the problem of name mispronunciation and mis-gendering. It also makes it easy for students’ identities and cultures to be respected. Mispronouncing students’ names and using the wrong pronouns can increase “belonging uncertainty”. Making an effort to learn your students’ names and pronouns can have a major impact on their experience in your classroom and online environment.
Instructions on how to record NameCoach recording
- Once you've clicked Login, click on Sign up
- Once you've clicked on Sign up, under For Individuals, click on Record and share your name
- Fill out required fields. To record your name using your phone, select Phone, enter your phone number and then click Call me now!
- NameCoach will call your phone. Follow the voice prompts to record your name.
- Click Submit and Finish to save your recording.