The mission of the District Safety Department of the Rancho Santiago Community College District is to serve and protect the people and property at all district locations to ensure a safe and secure educational environment that encourages personal and intellectual growth.
To accomplish this mission, our primary activity is to perform visible and continuous patrols of district properties so that we are available to our students, staff and guests, to perform safety and security services and to deter crime. Each officer is expected to carry out the duties of his/her assignment with courtesy, consideration, empathy, self-control, impartiality, and honesty. The department will work cooperatively with all others in the district to establish mutual trust and respect.
• We place the highest value on preserving human life.
• We believe that by practicing positive community relations and customer service, we will best achieve a feeling of security in our community.
• We are accountable and responsive to the community we serve.
• We believe that dishonesty, distrust, and rudeness do not belong in our department.
• We respect the dignity, worth, and diversity of all persons.
• We believe the strength of our department is our employees.
• We hold an individual’s right to constitutional protection sacred.
• We encourage open and constructive dialogue between all employees at all levels of our organization.
• We believe that to inspire confidence and trust in our department, we must work together in a spirit of harmony and cooperation.