Music Theory at Santa Ana College
We offer a full range of music theory offerings from fundamentals through advanced chromatic theory and composition. Whether you are a beginner or studying as a music major, Santa Ana College has the courses that will put you on the path for success.
- Reading and Making Music, MUS 109
- Fundamentals of Music, MUS 110 (CI-D MUS 110)
- Basic Music Theory and Musicianship, MUS 111 (CI-D MUS 120 and 125)
- Music Theory and Musicianship II, MUS 112 (CI-D MUS 130 and 135)
- Theory III, MUS 213 (CI-D MUS 140)
- Theory IV, MUS 214 (CI-D MUS 150)
- Basic Musicianship I, MUS 113a
- Basic Musicianship II, MUS 113b
- Musicianship, MUS 114a (CI-D MUS 145)
- Musicianship, MUS 114b (CI-D MUS 155)
- Advanced Theory and Composition, MUS 216
Contact Brian Kehlenbach (Kehlenbach_Brian@sac.edu) or John Marr (Marr_John@sac.edu) for more information.