Veterans Resource Center (VRC) at Santa Ana College (SAC), which opened in Spring 2010, supports veterans who are making the transition from military service to college and civilian life as well as active duty personnel and their dependents.
The VRC staff, student workers, and volunteers strive to ensure that our veterans make the most of their college experience by utilizing the services that are available to them, both on and off campus.
The VRC provides the following services:
- A Certifying Official to assist veterans with accessing Veterans Assistance (VA) educational benefits,
- Specialized academic counseling to develop educational plans to meet VA benefit requirements,
- Access to book loans, book grants, calculator and laptop loans, school supplies,
- University campus tours and cultural events,
- VUB & VSSS programs,
- Mental health wellness services,
- Customized orientation and academic skills workshops for veterans, and
- Quiet study area with access to computers, internet and printer.
Other programs and services available to veterans through the VRC include: priority registration, accommodations for veterans with disabilities, distance learning, Financial Aid, in-state tuition waiver, access to the college's child development centers, work study/campus job opportunities, health & wellness services.
To learn more about the VRC,
visit us online or call (714) 564-6050.