|Average Hourly Wage: $16.65
Annual Job Openings in California in 2018: Over 4,170
VHLTH 101 - Overview of the Nursing Assistant Training Program
VHLTH 102 - Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Training
Students must pass one of the following courses:
VBUS 400 - Employability Skills
ESL 520 - VESL: English for Work 2
- Be at least 18 years old on the first day of class
- Possess a State Issued ID or Driver's Licence
- Possess a Social Security Card/ITIN Number
- Pass a TB Test (Tuberculosis) or Clear Chest X-Ray
- Pass a Physical Exam to confirm good health
- Pass a Background check (Livescan Fingerprints)
- Possess certification for BLS/CPR for Healthcare Professionals
|Certified Nursing Assistants are on the front lines of patient care, work under the supervision of a nurse to help patients with daily living tasks, assist with medical equipment, and check patient vital signs. CNAs give patients important social and emotional support and also provide vital information on patient conditions to nurses. This is a hybrid certification program with coursework conducted online as well as in the physical classroom. |
In this 10-week certification program, you will do the following:
- Get equipped with knowledge and skills necessary to assume the role and responsibility required as a certified nurse assistant.
- Prepare to take the Certified Nursing Assistant Board Exam and be licensed as a Certified Nurse Assistant
- Prepare to gain employment as a licensed CNA.
A certificate of completion is awarded to students who successfully complete the course. The graduates will also be prepared to sit for their State Certification Exam.
Complete the interest form below.
We will contact you to attend our next orientation session to be held the end of September.