In The Loop is an online beginner's crochet course with weekly live lessons, demonstrations, and Q&A. Students will be introduced to crochet terminology and tools, and explore basic crochet stitches and patterns. Learn how to make a blanket, coaster, toy and more in the comfort of your home.
Wednesday: 1:00 to 2:40 PM
- Crochet Hooks: The instructor will be using a 6mm (J-10), 5mm (H-8), 4 mm (G-6), and 3.5 mm (E-4) and 8 mm (l-11) crochet hooks. (Suggestions: soft/ergonomic handle for comfortable grip)
- Yarn: Check the label on the yarn.
- Weight: 4 (or Medium) 5 (Bulky), 6 (Super Bulky) and 7 (jumbo)
- Colors: Color(s) of your choice for all projects.
- Amount: (estimated): Headband (30 yds), Blanket (Baby: 1000+ yds; Afghan: 2500+ yds),
- Slippers (150 yds), Coaster (30 yds), and Toy (500 yds).
- Darning Needle
- Stitch Marker
- Tape Measure
- Toy Stuffing/Polyester Fiberfill
- Plastic Toy/Craft Safety Eyes (6-10mm) with safety backing
*Additional project-specific items may be needed or optional.
Born and raised in Orange County, California, Jenny Barrington graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Irvine, with a major in fine arts and minor in digital arts. She has continued to pursue her love of art by refining her skills in drawing, painting, crafting, crochet, and sewing. In addition to being an arts and crafts instructor, she has an instructional art channel and online arts and crafts store.
For more information about this class, email: email@example.com
Ready to Get Started?
Step 1: Register for the Active Adults Online program below. (You only need to register one time to have access to all of our class offerings.)
Step 2: You will receive an email confirmation. Click on the link to activate your account.
Step 3: When classes begin on August 24th, login to the Active Adults Portal and start taking classes.
Have questions? Call us or request information and we will contact you.