Program Review Mission Statement:
Consistent with Santa Ana College’s mission to inspire, transform, and empower a diverse community of learners, the Program Review Committee provides the college’s programs and service areas a unique opportunity to:
critically reflect upon their alignment with the college’s mission statement,
engage in dialogue with colleagues across the campus to showcase and discuss their program’s or service area’s strengths and/or opportunities for growth and development, and
identify ways to improve programs and service areas as it relates to student learning outcomes and assistance.
Through the program review process, a program’s or service area’s strengths and opportunities for growth and development can be shared with the Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment Committee to identify connections with and to advise the alignment of resources between other programs and service areas in an effort to enrich the educational experience of every Santa Ana College student.
Program Review is a subcommittee of the
Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment. It serves as the oversight committee for Academic Program Review.
Program Review Committee Membership:
For more information, please contact Dr. Brenda Estrada, Committee Co-Chair, at (714) 564-6050 or email Estrada_Brenda@sac.edu or Matthew Beyersdorf, Committe Co-Chair, at (714) 564-6538 or email Beyersdorf_Matthew@sac.edu.
Committee Members 2023-2024: Kyle Bradley, Matthew Beyersdorf, Dr. Sara Butler, Lorena Chavez, Saeid Eidgahy, Catherine Emley, Dr. Brenda Estrada, Dr. Walter Jones, Jaki King, Quynh Mayer, Kim Smith, Kathy Walczak, and Dr. Merari Weber.
2023 Program Review meetings dates:
Zoom link for any meeting is available upon request to any who would like to attend. Please email the co-chairs (above) for meeting link. All meetings below take place between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Fall 2023: September 25, October 23, November 27, and December 4
Past Program Review Committee
minutes available on the
faculty resources page
Faculty and staff information, template, resources, data - please visit above link or the Faculty Resources page.
2022/2023 Program Review Goals/Activities
- Provide multiple program review professional development and training opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Collaborate with the research department to facilitate access to information and data.
- Create an iterativfe process to work with research department to study way to make program-review data user-frieldly.
- Maintain program reivew website.
- Assess and reevaluate the program review questions, rubric, presentation, and processes.
- Work with Nuventive to coordinate Nuventive program with program review process.
- Explore "tagging" and hastagging" program reports for "evidence" to use by the accreditation comittee, as it is done in legal and library settings.
Fall 2023 Completed Capstone* Review Documents
To be completed by November 30, 2023. For a full list of programs and service areas due, please see
Programs and Services Up For Capstone* Review.
- English as a Second Language (SCE)
- Global Business and Entrepreneurship
- Legal Studies
- Communication Studies
- Fire Technology
- Child Development and Education Studies
- Disabled Sudent rograms & Sercies (Student Services)
- Assesment (Student Services)
- Career Center (Student Services)
* Capstone Review was formerly known as the "4-Year Program Review" and/or the "Quadrennial Review." The name was changed in order to avoid conflicting and confusing terms with other programs at Santa Ana College. This change in language occured in October of 2023.