You must call the VA for your individual specific eligibility & payment rates:
Benefit Comparison Charts
CHAPTER 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Served on active duty on or after 9/11/01.
- Honorable discharge from service.
- Served a minimum of 90 aggregate days (excluding entry-level and skill training).
- Eligibility can also be established if served at least 30 continuous days of active duty and discharged for a service-connected disability.
- Active duty members are eligible on the 90th day after completion of entry-level training.
Use the BAH calculator and find out about the most up-to-date BAH rate under E-5 with dependents. SAC's zip code is 92706.
CHAPTER 30: Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty
- First entered active duty on or after 7/1/1985
- Had $1,200 deducted from the first 12 months of military pay for participation in MGIB.
- Have met their basic service requirement.
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or complete 12 hours toward a college degree before applying for benefits.
CHAPTER 31: Veteran Readiness and Employment [VR&E] Program
[Formerly Vocational Rehabilitation]
- Have received, or will receive, a discharge that is other than dishonorable.
- Have a service-connected disability rating of at least 10% or a memorandum rating of 20% or more from the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
- Apply for Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E).
- Benefit amount information can be obtained from the VR&E counselor.
CHAPTER 35: Dependent's Educational Assistance
Eligibility Requirements: You must be the son, daughter, or spouse of:
- A veteran who died or is 100% disabled as the result of a service-connected disability. The disability must arise out of active service in the Armed Forces
- A veteran who died from any cause while such service-connected disability was in existence.
- A service member missing in action or captured in the line of duty by a hostile force.
- A service member forcibly detained or interned in the line of duty by a foreign government or power.
- A service member who is hospitalized or receiving outpatient treatment for a service-connected permanent and total disability and is likely to be discharged for that disability.
CHAPTER 1606: MONTGOMERY GI BILL®-SR (Reservist)
- Have a 6-year obligation to serve in the Selected Reserve.
- Complete their Initial Active Duty for Training.
- Serve in a drilling Selected Reserve unit and remain in good standing.
- Obtained a HS diploma or equivalency certificate. Completing 12 credits towards a college degree before applying meets this requirement.