Welcome Veterans, Reservists, Active Duty and Eligible Dependents!
Please click on the following main components of the VRC:
Veterans Affairs Office
Veterans Upward Bound
Strength in Support
Certification of GI Bill® Benefits
& VRC Resources
|College Preparation Program
for any Veteran wanting to attend ANY college or University
|Transitional Counseling |
& Off Campus Support
Dean: Lilia Tanakeyowma
Associate Dean: Robert Manson
Building M-120, West side of the Planetarium
1530 W. 17th. St.
Santa Ana, CA 92706
Phone: (714) 564-6050
FAX: (714) 564-6294
NORMAL OFFICE HOURS DURING THE SEMESTERS:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
*Hours are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm hours.
The Veterans Resource Center was created to help incoming Veteran students transition from soldiers to scholars. In addition, Veterans, Active Duty, Reservists, and their dependents are assisted with accessing their VA education benefits when pursuing an eligible AA/AS, Certificate, or Transfer Program for a BA/BS. The VRC also directs students to campus resources that would help them succeed in their educational goals.
What can Veterans and eligible dependents do at the VRC?
- Receive information on how to use their VA Education benefits at Santa Ana College.
- Receive help in filling out VA Education Benefit Applications.
- Turn in paperwork for VA Education Benefits.
- Receive referrals and information regarding other campus resources such as Admissions & Records, Financial Aid, EOPS, Counseling, DSP&S, Health & Wellness Services, Career/Job Center, Scholarships, Tutorial Services, Transfer Center, etc.
- Receive information about outside campus resources for Veterans and families.
- Do homework in a quiet environment (6 computers and a printer available. Print homework for free!)
- Receive help filling out Financial Aid Applications and check status.
- Turn in the CA BOG Fee Waiver applications instead of waiting in line at the Financial Aid Office.
- Meet with an Academic Counselor for academic counseling needs.
- Meet with a Strength In Support representative for transitional counseling, mentorship, and workshops.
- Receive information and participate in the Veterans Upward Bound college preparation program.
- Book Loans are available to those who are eligible for VA Benefits. Please speak with a VRC staff member for details.
- Borrow a Graphing Calculator for Math courses (8 calculators available)
- See a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor on select days.
- Enjoy camaraderie among veterans
- Participate in VRC events
- Get involved in the Student Veterans Association (the Veterans club) by reaching out and helping the community.
What our students are saying about the VRC:
serving 14 years in the Air Force, this is the first college veterans center I
have ever been to, where the service towards my academic exceed my
expectations. The personnel at SAC Veterans center has helped me every
step of the way. I personally thank them for that." ~ David
“The VRC has
been helping me since my very first day on campus. Not only are the counselors
and staff always available to help but they actually care and want us to
succeed. One of the best things about the VRC is that it provides an
environment where we can talk to other veterans and be ourselves.” ~ Stephan Wright
“The VRC has a
friendly atmosphere. It is a safe haven for students whether they are veterans,
dependents, or friends. It contains a variation of benefits and opportunities
such as counseling, financial aid, educational benefits, etc. If you do not
need any help in those areas students are welcome to hang out in the study area
or use the computers.” ~ Sarah Bollinger
“The VRC always has a great group of men and women
ready to help you out! Every time I walk
in there, it’s quick and everyone loves to help! Never had a better experience!”
~ Dean Martinez
VRC helped me figure out a plan of action and how to accomplish my education
needs. The VRC is a place where I can go to ask any questions a veteran would
have and I get an answer every time.” ~ Brett Shirozono
guys are great. You have provided the resources for me to succeed while at this
campus. Plus, I did not have to wait the month or so to meet with a counselor.
Great Job!!!” ~ Richard Ledesma
explain the help and service the VRC provides to the veterans. This valuable
resource helps the vets navigate through the process of getting a degree. The
VRC also has top notch staff and counselors on site to set you up for success.
Take advantage of these resources soldiers!” ~ Sualua Masania
“The VRC was
very helpful. They handled my situation quickly.” ~ Frank T. Wilson
enrollment easy and made me feel at home. The staff is always so generous and
quick to help!” ~ Daisy Cervantes
"Not only is the VRC a one stop shop for anything I
need to be successful in school, but if you've been out of the military for a
while and you miss the camaraderie and humor, come on by to do
homework, it's just like old times!" ~ Joseph Samudio
Resource Center is the reason why I decided to attend Santa Ana College. They
were helpful from day one. The environment they create for veterans really
contributes to my success.” ~ Miguel Palomares