Santa Ana College is committed to your success! The Santa Ana College Promise program serves First Year Freshmen (Class of 2021) college students with strategic benefits benefits and support designed to help you achieve your goals. Eligible students receive free tuition, textbooks, academic support, and more. See below for more information and sign up for our interest list to join. To view benefits as a Freshman SAUSD Graduates, please visit our SAUSD Graduate Information page for more information.
SAC Promise Benefits for First-Year Freshmen
Benefits for first-year freshman can include:
- First Year Free Tuition
- The cost of full time attendance, or 12-15 units per fall and spring semesters, is covered.
- Digital Dons Laptop Loan
- Students are eligible to borrow a laptop for Fall and Spring semesters
- Bookstore Gift Cards (First Year Only)
- First year students are eligible to receive two bookstore gifts cards (one in the fall & one in spring) upon completion of requirements.
- SAC Promise Center
- Dedicated study space for incoming/continuing students.
- Individualized Counseling Appointments
- Priority SAC Promise appointments with dedicated counselors.
- Book Loan Program
- Students can loan out a textbook for a full semester. Book availability is on a first come, first serve basis.
NOTE: All benefits and details are subject to change depending on availability & student criteria.
SAC Promise Requirements for First-Year Freshmen
Students must complete the following to be eligible for requirements:
- Attend a SAC Promise Orientation
- Students must attend (1) SAC Promise orientation. Orientations will be held monthly. Sign up for our interest list to be notified about future sessions.
- Full-Time Enrollment (12-15 units during fall and spring semesters)
- To maintain eligibility, students must be enrolled in at least 12 units during the fall and spring semesters.
- Complete FAFSA or DREAM Act Application
- Students must submit a FAFSA or Dream Act Application each to qualify for tuition benefits. Students who are unable to complete either form may complete the California College Promise Grant application.
- Schedule a counseling appointment with a SAC Promise Counselor through the University Transfer Center. During the appointment, you will need to complete a comprehensive education plan (4 semesters of coursework planned) to complete this requirement.
- Enroll in a Counseling 100 course or equivalent
- Students must enroll and complete a Counseling 100 course or equivalent to be eligible for their bookstore gift card. Equivalency will be determine by SAC Promise Program staff during the orientation.
NOTE: All requirements and details are subject to change depending on availability & student criteria.
Get Started Today!
Register for our interest list to get updates on registering for our next orientation!
Questions? Contact us online.