Sign In
Contact Us

Employment Opportunities

Employment Opportunities with Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services

Working at Santa Ana College (Rancho Santiago Community College District) as a sign language interpreter.

Each semester, the RSCCD provides sign language interpreting services to an average of 50 deaf students in the postsecondary setting.  DHH Services, which is located in U-103 at Santa Ana College (see the SAC campus map), is responsible for providing interpreters to any one of our many district educational locations.

While it is our continual goal to provide our deaf and hard of hearing students with only the most qualified and skilled interpreters, we do not require that you be certified.   

If you are an experienced sign language interpreter with a current RID/NIC, RID or NAD III, IV or V certification you may apply for work with us without sitting for a skills assessment.  You will be invited for a traditional employment interview and asked to demonstrate your skill in an informal setting. Professional references will be checked.

 If you are not currently certified but have completed an ITP and have three to five years of experience in the postsecondary setting OR have experience interpreting in the postsecondary setting without formal education or training, we want to hear from you as well.  After review of your qualifications and experience, we may invite you to sit for our in-house skills assessment.  If you are successful in the skills assessment, you will be asked to participate in a traditional employment interview in order to determine if you would be appropriate for employment as an interpreter with us. Professional references will be checked. 

 For more information contact Ruth Rodriguez, Senior Interpreter, at or call us at 714-564-6283.

Return to DHH Services Home

Santa Ana College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: