Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT's) are designed for students planning to transfer to a CSU campus. A counselor can help you determine if an ADT is right for you. Icangotocollege also provides detailed information.
In addition many Independent California Colleges and Universities now honor ADT's and provide admission guarantees similar to those provided by CSU campuses.
Courses completed at other regionally accredited institutions as well as external exam scores such as AP, CLEP and IB may be applied toward ADTs. See the Course Substitutions and Reciprocity, Policy and Procedures section of the SAC catalog for additional information.
In order to receive all Associate Degree for Transfer guarantees/benefits at a CSU, the CSU campus to which you are transferring must have identified your particular transfer degree as "similar" to your CSU major/concentration. You will find information about "similar" majors/concentrations at each CSU campus here.
Santa Ana College offers the following Associate Degrees for Transfer:
Student completion requirements for the associate degree for transfer:
- 60 semester or 90 quarter CSU transferable units. At least 12 of the units must be earned at Santa Ana College.
- A minimum of 18 semester or 27 quarter units in the major or area of emphasis as determined by the community college district (see Instructional Programs portion of the catalog).
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2 .0. (Some majors may require a higher GPA)
- Earn a grade of C or better (C minus is not acceptable) or Pass in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.
- The California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE Breadth); OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
Note: The ADT can be awarded to students completing the UC version of IGETC, but completion of this pattern will not satisfy CSU admission requirements.
Students pursuing an ADT in Chemistry or Biology, should complete CSU GE for STEM or IGETC for STEM as specified.