What is DSIG?
The California Dream Act Service Incentive Grant Program (DSIG) encourages Cal Grant B recipients to perform community or volunteer service. Up to 2,500 eligible students will be awarded $3,000 per academic year ($1,500 per semester) for up to 8 semesters and must apply annually to the program.
GRANT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Complete and submit the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) for the academic year
- Must be an active recipient of a Cal Grant B Award
- Complete 150 hours per semester of community or volunteer service hours
QUALIFYING COMMUNITY OR VOLUNTEER SERVICE ORGANIZATION
- Any school on the Cal Grant Eligible Schools list on the CSAC website.
- Organization shall have been established for a minimum of two years before the first date on which a participating student begins performing service hours to qualify for this program.
- Organizations not on the List of Service Organizations, can complete and submit the Service Organization Registration form found on the DSIG Forms webpage.
INTERESTED? WHAT NEXT?
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO CONFIRM ELIGIBILITY, PLEASE CONTACT:
Financial Aid Department