Senate Bill 1914 Postsecondary Education:
Senate Bill 1914 Postsecondary Education: Cross Enrollment Program legislation (California Education Code 66750 through 66756) permits undergraduate students enrolled in any campus of the California Community Colleges, the California State University, or the University of California to enroll without formal admission in a maximum of one (1) course per academic term at a campus of either of the other systems on a space-available basis. Participation by college is voluntary and both schools must be participating in this program before a student can take a course at another institution for a discounted fee plus any material or lab fees.
To participate students must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a California resident.
- Be a current matriculated student (completed at least one term at Santa Ana College).
- Be currently enrolled for a minimum of six units at Santa Ana College.
- Have a cumulative 2.00 GPA.
- Paid any applicable fees and tuition at Santa Ana College.
- Completed all applicable academic preparation for the desired course.
- NOTE: Some university courses may not count toward units required for financial aid eligibility. Students are strongly advised to check with the Financial Aid Office to ensure continued financial aid eligibility before enrolling in university courses.
How To Participate
- Obtain the cross enrollment application from the university in which you wish to take a class. Many Cal States and UCs participate in cross-enrollment.
- Submit completed form to Santa Ana College Admissions Office for eligibility verification.
- Follow the instructions on the application to cross enroll at the UC or CSU campus.
- To use the course you take at a university towards SAC degrees, certificates or transfer GE requirements, request an official transcript be mailed to:Santa Ana College, Attn: Admissions & Records, 1530 West 17th Street, Santa Ana, CA 92706
- If you are interested in Cal State Fullerton or UC Irvine, click on the logo below to obtain the application: