California State University (CSU) Transfer Requirements
With 23 campuses statewide, the California State University system is the nation's largest four-year public university system. Over the past five years, an average of 731 SAC students enrolled in a CSU campuses. Top CSU transfer campuses include: Fullerton, Long Beach, and Dominguez Hills. We offer programs such as the
SAC Promise, which guarantees admission to CSU Fullerton for qualified students with a certain GPA. You could be next!
Interested in creating a transfer plan and/or checking your transfer status? Schedule an appointment with a transfer counselor by visiting the University Transfer Center (S-110) or calling 714-564-6165. You may also visit the resources below for more information about transferring to a CSU campus.
Click here to search for degrees offered at CSU campuses.
Click here to apply to CSU campuses
To be admitted as an Upper Division Transfer Student (UDT), you must complete the following requirements:
a minimum of 60 semester units of transferable coursework;
have an overall college GPA of 2.00; your GPA is calculated using all your transfer units attempted
be in good standing at the last college or university attended (i.e. you are eligible to re-enroll in at your last college or university);
Have completed 10 courses (30 semester units) of CSU GE courses with a C- or better, and specifically, your Golden Four courses (Oral Communication, Written Communication, Critical Thinking, and Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning.
There is a single application for all CSU campuses.
Visit CSU Apply
for the CSU application and select the term you would like to apply for. Generally, applications for Spring transfer open in August, and applications for Fall transfer open in October. See below for application timelines and resources to assist you with your application. In addition, sign up for our
to receive updates regarding application workshops hosted by the University Transfer Center.
CSU Application Timelines
- CSU applications for fall admissions open. Filing period is from October 1-November 30.
- Check with the University Transfer Center for application assistance workshops and drop-in times.
- Meet with a counselor to ensure that you are transfer ready.
- Filing period for
FAFSA or California Dream Act application open. Recommended to file between October 1-March 2 to obtain state and/or federal aid for the following academic year.
- Transfer Awareness Month - take part in transfer-related activities and events throughout the month of October.
- Deadline to submit CSU applications for fall admission.
- Be sure to visit the University Transfer Center during drop-in times to receive a full review of your application prior to submission.
- After submitting your fall admissions applications, activate your portal for each school that you applied to (if applicable; not all schools utilize portals). Regularly check your email and portals for official correspondence.
- Look out for campus deadlines, such as when to submit transcripts.
- January 31st - Deadline to submit your academic update with Fall grades and planned/in-progress Spring Intersession and/or Spring courses. Visit the University Transfer Center during office hours for assistance (no appointment necessary).
- Select campuses request supplemental applications to be completed by a deadline. Check your email often as missing a deadline can/will jeopardize your application status.
Deadline to submit spring ADT graduation petitions for SAC is mid-February. If you completed an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), submitting your graduation petition by the deadline will allow CSU campuses to confirm your progress/completion of an ADT on eVerify.
- Meet with a counselor through the Counseling Office or University Transfer Center to file a graduation petition. All other degrees/certificates are due in March.
Click here for more information about graduation petition deadlines.
- Select campuses request supplemental applications and/or submitted transcripts to be completed by a deadline. Check your email often as missing a deadline can/will jepoardize your application status.
- March 2 - recommended deadline to submit your FAFSA or Dream Act application for maximum federal and state aid consideration for the next academic year.
- CSU Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) and Enrollment Confirmation Deposits are due for most CSU campuses.
- Deadline to submit final official transcripts for most CSU campuses.
- CSU applications for spring admissions open.
- Visit the University Transfer Center for drop-in assistance or to schedule a transfer check with a counselor.
- Deadline to submit the CSU application for spring admission.
- Keep track of each campus's deadlines, such as when to submit transcripts, for each school that you applied to. Be sure to check campus portals and email regularly.