Club Apple aims to unite future teachers and support them in pursuing their educational paths by providing skills through events and activities, networking, and volunteer work.
Student California Teachers Association (SCTA)
Club Apple is Santa Ana College's official chapter for the Student California Teachers Association (SCTA), a statewide organization that provides professional development, networking, and community outreach opportunities to college students who are interested in careers as educators, particularly those pursuing pathways to teaching. SCTA serves as the collective voice for these students and as advocates for fairness, justice, and equity. SCTA's mission is guided by the core values of teacher quality, community outreach, diversity, and advocacy.
Why Join Club Apple (SCTA)?
- Network with like-minded people who share your passion for education
- Engage in numerous opportunities for personal and professional development
- Be part of the representative voice which speaks out on behalf of future educators
- Have a medium for social change - fight for what you believe in
Opportunities for Members
- Serve as a student leader in the SAC community and across the state
- Attend teaching-related conferences and special events
- Participate in community service and fundraising activities
- Volunteer at Santa Ana College events on behalf of Club Apple
- Become part of professional associations, such as:
- Student California Teachers Association (SCTA)
- National Education Association (NEA)