Future Educators for Excellence
Future Educators for Excellence prepares students to be leaders in the field of education (e.g., teaching, library, counseling, school psychology, etc.) by encouraging active participation in career and academic planning, personal and professional development, and experiential learning through fieldwork.
Students may join at any time and will be recognized upon completion of all requirements. Recognition will include certificates of participation and completion issued at the end of each semester (Fall/Spring), as well as special recognition at the point of graduation.
Unless otherwise noted, there is no set time frame in which requirements must be completed.
Be a current Santa Ana College student
Express interest in pursuing a career in Education
- Register for the CFTE email database
- Attend a CFTE information session
- Participate in at least 2 approved activities each semester
- Participate in a "check-in" with a Success Coach each semester
- Meet with a counselor at least once per semester
- Develop a comprehensive education plan
Minimum 2.8 transferable GPA at completion
Commit to 75 total fieldwork hours (must be student-facing in an educational setting)
Frequently check email and respond to all survey requests
Monitor own requirements and submit proof to CFTE staff upon graduation and/or full completion