To be eligible for the Student Support Services Program, students must meet all of the following criteria.
- Be currently enrolled in 12 units (waived with permission of program director).
- Have an educational goal to transfer to a four-year university or graduate with an associate degree.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident of the United States (Residents must provide proof of residency).
- Have a need for academic support as demonstrated through SAC Placement Test results (as specified below).
- Meet the low-income criteria as specified below (student must submit copy of parents 1040 as proof of income).
- Meet first generation college student criteria (parents did not graduate from college).
Other eligibility criteria to be considered are:
- Disabled students: may appeal low income criteria requirements; must demonstrate a need for academic support.
- Non-first generation students: must appeal first generation criteria requirements; must meet low income criteria and must demonstrate need for academic support.
PRIORITY ACCEPTANCE: English: N60, 061 or EMLS 110, 112 and/or Math: 060, 083/084
Students currently eligible to enroll in one of the above math/English levels will be given priority acceptance for the SSS (TRiO) Program. Note: Placement in a different level will not automatically disqualify you. All students are encouraged to apply.
* Students who have placed in one of the above classes meet the academic need requirement for the program
|Family Size ||Income ||Family Size ||Income |
|1 ||$17,655 ||5 ||$42,615 |
|2 ||$23,895 ||6 ||$48,855 |
|3 ||$30,135 ||7 ||$55,095 |
|4 ||$36,375||8 ||$61,335|