Welcome to the Assessment Center
The Assessment Center will be extending testing hours for the week of December 4, 2023 - December 8, 2023 as shown below:
EXTENDED TESTING HOURS FOR FINALS WEEK:
Monday, December 4th 9:00 AM – 5:00PM
Tuesday, December 5th 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Wednesday, December 6th 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Thursday, December 7th 8:30AM – 7:00PM
Friday, December 8th 8:00AM – 12:00PM
*Please plan accordingly to meet your exam deadlines.
The Assessment Center hours will be adjusted for the week of December 18, 2023 - December 22, 2023 as shown below:
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday, December 18th 8:00 AM – 6:00PM
Tuesday, December 19th 8:00 AM – 6:00PM
Wednesday, December 20th 8:00 AM – 6:00PM
Thursday, December 21st 8:00 AM – 6:00PM
Friday, December 22nd CLOSED – HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
We are committed to providing you with excellent student support and information you need to be successful in your academic career.
SAC Assessment Center Services:
- During the orientation, you will learn more about SAC programs and services and develop a two-semester education plan with a counselor based on your academic goal(s).
- Due to Assembly Bill 705 (AB 705) - Placement exams are no longer required for English/ESL or math/quantitative reasoning courses.
- By law, community colleges are required to use either U.S. high school grades and GPA or other multiple measures to make English/ESL and math/quantitative reasoning placement recommendations.
- If you do not have a high school transcript or studied in another country, complete the Guided Self-Placement using the following link: https://sso.comevo.com/sac/launch/1537
Exams with DSPS Accommodations / Make-up Exams
- Students: Discuss exam make-up options with your instructor.
- Instructors: We administer make-up exams for students who are unable to test during their class time due to illness, a family emergency, work schedule, or military service.
- For your students to utilize the Assessment Center for exam services, please fill out the Exam Instructions Form and submit all exam materials three (3) business days, excluding weekends and holidays, prior to the exam deadline. You must be logged into your Santa Ana College Microsoft 365 to access the Exam Instructions Form. Please visit the Instructions link for further information.
- Make-up testing is limited during the week of finals.
- The California Chemistry Diagnostic Test is administered only on Mondays at 12:00 PM on a walk-in basis.
- The test is for students who wish to enroll in Chemistry 210 (General, Organic and Biochemistry) or 219 (General Chemistry) and need to bypass the prerequisite of Chemistry 209 (Introductory Chemistry).
New Student Checklist:
- Click here to apply to Santa Ana College.
- Complete the Guided Self-Placement (if you do not have a U.S. high school transcript or studied in another country).
- Sign up for a Registration & Academic Advising Workshop with the Assessment Center.
Register and pay for classes via Self-Service.
- This orientation is for students attending college for the first time.
- If you have attempted / completed 15+ college units, do not sign up for this orientation. Instead, contact SAC General Counseling to make an appointment with a counselor.