We are committed to providing you with excellent student support and information you need to be successful in your academic career. Please do not hesitate to call, email, or live chat via cranium cafe.
English, Math and ESL Placement Information:
Placement test are not required for English, English for Multilingual Students (EMLS), math, or reading courses. The only placement test we administer is Chemistry.
All students are required to apply to SAC in order to obtain a course placement recommendation in English, EMLS, math and reading. High school performance information or Guided Self-Placement will be utilized for course placement recommendations.
- If you do not see your course recommendation in WebAdvisor, meet with a counselor today for course placement. The counselor will utilize high school performance information.
- If you do not have access to your high school transcripts or studied outside of the U.S, complete the Guided Self-Placement.
If your 1st language is not English, you can consider EMLS courses:
We offer English for Multilingual Students (EMLS) courses. If English is not your first language and you want to develop your reading, writing, grammar, and speaking skills you should:
Once your course recommendations are available in WebAdvisor, sign-up to attend a new student registration orientation if you are a first time student or have completed less than 15 units at another college.
The Assessment Center provides the following services:
- English and Math course recommendations
- English for Multilingual Student course recommendation
- Career Exploration Presentations
- Facilitate career assessments (Super Strong Inventory & MBTI)
- New Student Orientations
Services suspended until further notice:
- Proctor make-up testing for all SAC classes
- Proctor online and hybrid course testing
- Test accommodation services for students with disabilities
- Chemistry Placement Test
- Reading Proficiency Test
- Proctor fee based services for university students
- CCC Distance Education Proctoring Network
Find the latest CoronaVirus information here: RSCCD CoronaVirus Information.