About EMLS/ESL at Santa Ana College:
California Community Colleges use a new placement process for English, EMLS and Math. Before taking any courses in EMLS, you must complete both the Test of English Language Development (TELD) exam as well as the English for Multilingual Students (EMLS) Guided Self-Placement questionnaire.
Students interested in taking EMLS courses will only need to complete the STEP 1.
STEP 2: Submit the request to access the TELD exam form (CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE)
- You will receive a link to join our TELD exam via Canvas. In order to access the TELD exam you will need:
- A quiet and distraction free area you feel comfortable taking your exam. Prepare to be seated here for the entire duration of the exam.
- Any computer with Google Chrome and the Proctorio extension.
- A reliable internet connection.
- A working webcam and access to a microphone.
- Picture ID.
Please allow 3 - 5 business days for the Assessment Center to process your placement recommendation.
You will receive an email from the Assessment Center (email@example.com) with your placement recommendation. Please meet with a counselor to discuss EMLS course recommendations via Cranium Cafe sac.edu/counseling or attend a registration orientation.
TELD Sample Questions are available:
FREE ESL refresher course options for students are also available at the School of Continuing Education.