Registration & Academic Advising Workshop
Are you a brand new student to college? If yes, then this orientation is for you! The Registration & Academic Advising Workshops are done in small groups (up to 15 students) and are led by a counselor. During the first 30 minutes students will be provided with an overview of Santa Ana College, the English and Math placement process, cost, financial aid information, and registration process. Students will have the opportunity to briefly meet one-on-one with a counselor for academic advisement and to develop a two-semester abbreviated education plan. The in-person Registration & Academic Advising Workshop will take place at Santa Ana College in room L-223. A zoom link will be shared with those students who sign up for a virtual Registration & Academic Advising Workshop.
Note for High School Students
To participate in a Registration & Academic Advising Workshop, a student must:
What services could I receive during the Registration & Academic Advising Workshop:
- Discuss your placement options based on your Career Academic Pathway.
- Help in selecting your Career Academic Pathway (major) and clarify your education goals.
- Choose the best courses for you.
- Assistance in registering for classes.
- Learn about the various options SAC has to assist you in paying for your classes.
Resources for New Students
Frequently asked questions
If you have any questions please call the Assessment Center at (714) 564-6148.