Exams with DSPS Accommodations / Make-Up Exams
By Appointment Only / No Walk-ins (refer to the steps below)
This exam service is intended to be used for students who have DSPS accommodations and/or students who cannot test with the rest of the class due to extenuating circumstances.
Exam Service Hours
- For make-up exams and exams with DSPS accommodations that are extended time and/or distraction-reduced environment only:
- Tuesday: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Thursday: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
- For exams with DSPS accommodations other than extended time alone, such as Kurzweil, BrailleNote, Scribe, text enlargements, etc:
- Friday: 8:00 am – 10:00 am
- If you have questions regarding Friday service hours, contact DSPS: DSPS@sac.edu or (714) 564-6295.
Students: How to Schedule an Appointment
STEP 1: Obtain approval from the instructor to take an exam at the Assessment Center:
STEP 2: Fill out a Student Exam Form to request for an appointment:
- The appointment must be requested at least five (5) days in advance.
- Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only one (1) exam can be scheduled per appointment day.
- You must alert your instructor once you have requested an appointment.
- Your appointment request is completed only after your instructor submits an Exam Instructions Form and emails or drops off the exam to the Assessment Center no later than three (3) days before your requested appointment.
On the day of your exam appointment:
- Go to the Assessment Center in L-223 (click HERE for a campus map).
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to check-in (you must have a photo ID).
- Your appointment starts at the time that you scheduled, so plan accordingly. If you arrive late, the time that you are late will be deducted from your total exam time.
- If you are caught or suspected of cheating, the instructor will be notified.
- Students with repeated cancellations and no-shows will need to speak to the Assessment Center Coordinator before being able to resume making exam appointments.
General Assessment Center Rules & Policies
- Students must show a photo ID in order to check in for an exam.
- Electronic devices (cell phones, laptops, smart watches, etc.) are not allowed in the lab area during an exam.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the lab area at any time.
- For their safety, children are not allowed in the lab area at any time.