Information for Instructors
Exam Proctoring Options:
- Faculty utilizes Proctorio, Examplify, Canvas, or other secure online exam software
- Faculty administers the exam (during office hours, in a classroom scheduled through the division office, etc.)
- Faculty utilizes the Assessment Center: This exam service is by appointment only and is intended to be used for students who have DSPS accommodations and/or students who cannot test with the rest of the class due to extenuating circumstances (see procedures below).
Assessment Center Exam Procedures
Instructors: How to Support Your Student / Complete the Exam Request
STEP 1: If your student has not already done so, advise him/her to make an appointment with the Assessment Center using the Student Exam Form.
- Appointment requests from students must be submitted five (5) days in advance.
- Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Note that your student's appointment will fall within the following make-up exam service hours:
- Tuesday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Thursday: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
STEP 2: In order for your student's exam request to be completed: Submit your instructions through the Exam Instructions Form and email / drop-off your exam to the Assessment Center no later than three (3) days before your student's appointment.
Note: if your exam is more than 10 pages long, please drop off a hard copy to the Assessment Center.
After the appointment:
Once the exam is completed, it will be placed in your instructor's mailbox (JSC-119).
Upon request, alternative exam delivery methods are available: email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you prefer for the exam to be scanned and email or if you will pick up the exam in person during our Center hours of operation: M-W: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, TH: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm, F: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm.