Chemistry Placement Test
To help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, Santa Ana College is closed and courses are taking place through remote instruction. At this time, we will not be administering the Chemistry Placement Test. If you have additional questions, please meet with a counselor.
The Chemistry Placement Test is available for students who wish to enroll in Chemistry 210 - General, Organic and Biochemistry and/or 219 - General Chemistry and bypass the prerequisite of Chemistry 209 - Introductory Chemistry.
The Chemistry Placement Test is administered on the first Thursday of the month when school is in session at 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm (Walk-In Basis).
What to Bring:
- Bring your photo identification (SAC Student ID, driver license, passport, etc.)
Chemistry Placement Test Information:
- 44 multiple choice questions
- 45 - minute time limit
- Basic calculator, periodic table, and scratch paper will be provided by the Assessment Center
- Students are allowed to re-test after 6 months of taking the test
- SAC does not accept Chemistry Placement results from other colleges
- Placement test results are valid for 5 years
Preparing for the Chemistry Placement Test:
You can review the Chemistry Placement Test Sample Questions using the link below:
Chemistry Diagnostic Test Sample Questions