Chemistry Placement Test
In continuation with our efforts to minimize and mitigate the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this testing service is suspended until further notice.
The Chemistry Placement Test is available for students who wish to enroll in Chemistry 210 - General, Organic and Biochemistry and/or 219 - General Chemistry and bypass the prerequisite of Chemistry 209 - Introductory Chemistry.
The Chemistry Placement Test is administered on the first Thursday of the month when school is in session at 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm (Walk-In Basis).
What to Bring:
- Bring your photo identification (SAC Student ID, driver license, passport, etc.)
Chemistry Placement Test Information:
- 44 multiple choice questions
- 45 - minute time limit
- Basic calculator, periodic table, and scratch paper will be provided by the Assessment Center
- Students are allowed to re-test after 6 months of taking the test
- SAC does not accept Chemistry Placement results from other colleges
- Placement test results are valid for 5 years
Preparing for the Chemistry Placement Test:
You can review the Chemistry Placement Test Sample Questions using the link below:
Chemistry Diagnostic Test Sample Questions