RATIFYING/UPDATING A CLUB AT SAC
Student Life's Inter-Club Council (ICC) appreciates your interest in starting a new club/organization at Santa Ana College. The following steps and requirements were developed to guide you towards achieving club approval.
Before ratifying/updating a club/organization, you will need to:
2. Secure five student officers (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and ICC Rep.)
3. Find at least one advisor (Faculty, Staff, or Administrator)
5. Complete the following:
Forms must be submitted by 5:00pm on Wednesday, October 5, 2022. Please note, advisor(s) will be contacted via email to approve their role.
STUDENT OFFICER REQUIREMENTS
• Be enrolled in six (6) or more units at Santa Ana College
• Have a 2.0 cumulative GPA
• Pay Student Life & Leadership Fee
• Must be a full/part-time faculty, staff, or administrator Santa Ana College
• Be present at all official club meetings and events whether they are on or off campus
Develop with the assistance of the club advisor and prospective club officers, following the guidelines provided.
• The draft of the constitution will be reviewed by Student Life. All requested changes must be made prior to presenting this document to Inter-Club Council (ICC). Club constitutions will only be reviewed once the club registration form is complete and all officers listed are eligible.
• Once the constitution is approved by Student Life, it will be placed on the ICC agenda for voting. A representative from the prospective club must be present.
• If approved, the ICC representative must attend weekly ICC meetings. Meetings are held every Wednesday from 1:30-3:00PM. Dates are subject to change pending school holidays, events, and/or closures.
BENEFITS OF CLUB RATIFICATION
Ratified clubs are given FREE use or access to the following:
• Campus meeting rooms
• Permission to fundraise on campus
• College facilities for club events
• Participate in ICC sponsored events to recruit new members
• Officer recognition at the Leadership & Advisor Awards Ceremony
• Opportunity to compete for Club and Advisor of the year