New offering for Spring 2019 Semester in Nursing-Continuing Education
Registered Nurse Competency Refresher Course
Course Number: NCE-198 (#68501)
Units: 3 semester units (30 continuing education contact hours; BRN Provider #CEP173)
Cost: Standard community college fees apply (see the Santa Ana College webpage for details)
Day: Fridays; February 22nd – June 7th
Hours: 12 noon to 17:30
Grading: Pass or No Pass
Prerequisite: Successful completion of a California BRN-approved Registered Nursing Program or approval of Associate Dean of Health Sciences
Course Description: Nursing Continuing Education Course focusing on RN graduates who have been unable to find employment in the acute care setting and/or refresher RNs. This course will enhance both the recently graduated RN's and refresher RN's knowledge, skills, marketability, and confidence necessary for employment. The course will have three components: 1) Classroom theory 36 hours, 2) Simulation 20 hours, and 3) Skills practice and competency testing 34 hours.
- Communication Skills and Information Management
- The student will utilize communication skills for assessments and interactions related to the healthcare industry.
- Thinking and Reasoning, and Life skills.
- The student will be able to apply clinical reasoning and judgement in the area of acute care patients.
- Careers, Civic Responsibility, and Diversity.
- The students will further advance their knowledge, skills and abilities to function as a medical/surgical nurse in the acute care setting.
After successful completion of NCE-198, the student will receive a certificate of completion.
Apply to SAC: https://www.sac.edu/StudentServices/AdmissionsRecords/Pages/Admission-To-College.aspx
Questions? Contact: Dale Mixer, Health Sciences Department Chair; (714)564-6823; firstname.lastname@example.org
For a printable pdf of this information click here.