MORE SPECIFIC ADMISSION DETAILS WILL BE POSTED SOON!
APPLICATION PROCESS HAS BEEN CLOSED SINCE 2012. AS A RESULT, WE ARE
UNABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH SPECIFIC INFORMATION AS TO THE NUMBER OF
APPLICATIONS WE MAY RECEIVE WHEN THE PROCESS IS RE-OPENED IN JUNE 2014.
Effective 10/8/2013 the new process will be as follows:
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM JUNE 16, 2014 - SEPTEMBER 15, 2014 for the Spring and Fall 2015 Semesters
Your Application Must Demonstrate the completion of the Prerequisite Courses with a grade of "C" or better and Math Requirements:
- English - Equivalent to freshman composition with a research paper
- Communications - Interpersonal Communication, Public speaking, Argumentation and Debate, or Group Dynamics
- Psychology - Introduction or General Psychology
- Anatomy & Physiology - Must be a minimum of 4 units with a lab that covers all body systems (also must be taken within the last 10 years). This can be taken as a combined course or separately. If the
course is a part of a multiple semester series such as part I/part II or A and B; you must take both parts. See equivalent A&P courses.
- Level III Math Placement Score (unless student holds a Bachelor's degree or has completed Intermediate Algebra or higher with a grade of "C" or better.) If you have completed a math course to satisfy this requirement you must include the official transcript.
All students with completed applications will be accepted into the OTA program and entered into the applicant pool for the unbiased random selection process to determine their spot to start the program.
Once students have been accepted into the program the following information will need to be provided prior to their start date:
- Background check via CertifiedBackground.com
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR certification from the American Heart Association
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Medical Immunizations
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Hepatitis B
- TB Skin Test
- Completed DTP (Tdap) Series
- Influenza Shot or Declination
- Report of Medical Screening
NOTE: It is the students responsibility to maintain a current email address with the OTA office as this is our primary method of contact with potential students. The OTA program will not make multiple attempts to reach potential students due to inaccurate contact information being on file.