Do you have skills? Do you have a talent?
Have you found your passion?
Interested in working for yourself?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above…then you are in the right place. You have just found the most cutting-edge, state of the art Entrepreneurship program at a California Community College. This brand new program was developed based on 10 key principles.
- Across Campus. We aim to attract students from across the campus – your skills can be turned into successful business ventures.
- Visual and Design. A key driver of the program is to teach to all learning styles.
- Practical and Real World. Textbooks and professors provide theory…this program is practical so we will rely on a resource/reading list of the latest in business books and business professionals with business experience to teach the day to day
- Everyone’s an entrepreneur. Every student may not start a business but every student can use Entrepreneurial skills to be successful.
- Portfolio driven. Objective tests are not the best way to determine success as an Entrepreneur. Students create a portfolio of projects that they will build on throughout the program.
- Communication with Technology. Using and working with the latest in technology is crucial in today’s business which is what will be used in the GEI courses.
- Small business. Small business information is valuable but Innovation, Creativity and Success will be a focus in the entrepreneur program.
- Compelling stories. The excitement for Entrepreneurship spreads fastest when compelling stories are told. Faculty will share their success and failures with students.
- Interactive classes. Classes are experiential and hands-on.
- Venture. The EI program will be run like a business venture.