Welcome to the SAC Engineering Webpage
SAC Engineering has a comprehensive community-college engineering program. We have programs in engineering transfer, engineering technology, drafting technology, and computer-aided design/drafting (CAD). We offer multiple degree and certificate programs. We schedule many courses each semester with a variety of scheduling options (day, evening, weekend, hybrid, and online classes). Many of our students start at SAC and transfer to engineering universities to pursue their BS degrees.
- Engineering transfer courses (statics, dynamics, circuits, materials)
- Engineering Technology - mechatronics and civil tech (GIS mapping, surveying)
- Engineering Drafting and Design (civil & mechanical)
- AutoDesk AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit
- Solidworks, GD&T
- Engr 142 (Civil Drafting) to be deleted (Fall 2021) & merged with Engr 154 (to become Revit & Civil Drafting)
- New courses (Fall 2021): Engr 101 (Programming Survey, 0.5 unit), Engr 060 (Robotics Survey, 0.5 unit),
- New courses (Fall 2021): Engr 280 (Strength of Materials, 3 units)
- Possible course deletions (as of Fall 2022): Engr 130A (CATIA I), Engr 130B (CATIA II), Engr 110, Engr 124 (Advanced Mech Drafting/Design), Engr 281 (Prop's of Engr Matl's)
Congratulations to one of our mechatronics and Bridge 2 Engineering students (Nathan C) for obtaining a job as a designer at Ehrmann Engineering!
Congratulations to one of our Bridge to Engineering students (Hilda B, Andrew Adams, Sergio Rocha, and Eden Rojas) for obtaining a job at Northrup Grumman!
Congratulations to Pedro L for obtaining work at Alco Metal Fab
Dept Mission StatementSanta Ana College Engineering Department prepares students for university transfer or employment in engineering and engineering-related fields
Contact us:Craig Takahashi
(Dept Chair) - 714-564-6306 (Takahashi_craig@sac.edu
Business Division 714-564-6750 (engineering is in the Business Division)