- Logon to Blackboard, you will see on your Blackboard homepage.
- Under My Courses, click on SAC Student Online Orientation. The SAC Student Online Orientation and Bb Basics for Students: Technical Training Workshop are not required courses. These workshops are designed to help you explore and learn if you will be a good candidate for online learning, and help to teach you the technical skills necessary to successfully participate in a course on Blackboard.
- Begin at "Start Here!" and take the Prepare, Progress, Practice, and Prove modules where you will:
- Learn about your learning style and how to apply it to online learning
- Take an online readiness quiz as a self-assessment on necessary technology skills
- Learn about netiquette and time management skills
- Determine if you have unrealistically high expectations
- Practice in a Bb course, create a discussion board post, submit an assignment
- After passing quizzes along the way, you will take a
screenshot of your grade, "Pass". Save this file. Your instructor may
request it in your online course.
To learn more about the technical skills required to successfully participate in an Online course on Blackboard, and to practice these skills in a class, click on Bb Basics for Students: Technical Training Workshop. This workshop will teach you the required skills for a student using Blackboard, and allow you to practice such things as turning in an assignment, participating in a discussion board, navigating through a class, looking at your grades, and taking a test.
*** NOTE: If you previously took the SAC Student Online Orientation prior to September 2016, and did not save a screen shot of your passing grade, you can still get verification of completion by contacting the Distance Education Office at (714) 564-6725 or by Email at DistEd@sac.edu. ***