Faculty PD & Resources
Professional Development Flex hours for Canvas can be earned through on-site Canvas Open Labs, Workshops, and through online training courses.
Spring 2024 Distance Education Professional Development Schedule
SAC Lunch - Join us during lunch and have an informal faculty discussion about engaging our students!
For: Online, Remote Learning, New and Experienced Faculty
Details: Bring your lunch and join us on Zoom (12:00pm - 12:30pm)
Faculty can claim 1/2 hour of flex credit for
each session. These sessions will help you align your course with
specific areas of the CVC-OEI Rubric.
- Canvas Course Pacing – Tuesday, August 29, 2023 – A7 Effective Use of Course Management (CMS) Tools
- REV (Closed captioning, subtitles, and transcriptions) – Thursday, August 31, 2023 – D12: Video
- Canvas Credentials - Thursday, September 7, 2023 - A7: Effective Use of Course Management (CMS) Tools
- Assignment/Quiz Accommodations (Accommodations such as extra attempt/time) - Tuesday, September 12, 2023 - A7: Effective Use of Course Management (CMS) Tools
- Canvas Accessibility: PopeTech - Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - Section D - Accessibility
- NameCoach (Learn how to record the pronunciation of your name) - Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - A8: Effective Use of Multimedia
- Course Copy in Canvas - Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - A7: Effective Use of Course Management (CMS) Tools
- Course Copy in Canvas - Wednesday, October 4, 2023 - A7: Effective Use of Course Management (CMS) Tools
- Canva (Learn how to design Canvas banner and course card) - Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - A8: Effective Use of Multimedia
- Canvas Grades (Download, Show Inactive/Concluded Enrollment) - Wednesday, October 18, 2023 - C7: Feedback
- Canvas Accessibility: PopeTech - Thursday, October 26, 2023 - Section D - Accessibility
- Canva (Learn how to design Canvas banner and course card) - Wednesday, November 1, 2023 - A8: Effective Use of Multimedia
- NameCoach (Learn how to record pronunciation of your name) - Thursday, November 9, 2023 - A8: Effective Use of Multimedia
- REV (Closed captioning, subtitles and transcriptions) - Wednesday, November 15, 2023 - D12: Video
ScreenPal can be used to create screen capture videos. Learn how to capture your computer screen, along with recording yourself using your webcam which can be uploaded to YouTube.
Tuesdays & Thursdays at 2:00 pm. Contact
Joe Pacino to RSVP for the training to receive the Zoom link.
Online Teaching Certification
SAC Faculty Training
Strongly suggested training for all newly hired faculty
Complete badges and certificates online in Canvas.
How to Claim the Electronic Badge & Completion Certificate
Instructions on how to claim electronic badge & completion certificate.
To Claim Professional Development Flex Hours (Faculty & Staff)
Please note: If you would like to track the time you spent attending any training from external providers please record your time using the External Training option on the Vision Resource Center website, and the time will be reflected on your Learning Transcript. Link for the Vision Resource Center website can be found on the
Professional Development Website. If you have any questions, please contact
Professional Development Office.
For information on claiming Professional Development Flex Hours, please visit the
Santa Ana College Professional Development Website.
Distance Education Advisory Group
Distance Education Advisory Group is an Academic Senate work group. The purpose is to assist our Distance Education program in meeting the needs of our online students and faculty teaching in Distance Education by developing procedures and training that support our mission in Distance Education.