Cooperative Work Experience Education-Occupational CS104
Catalog Description / Course Objective: Supervised paid or volunteer experience in student’s major including new or expanded responsibilities. One unit credit for each 5 hours worked per week to a maximum of 4 units for 20 hours worked per week each semester. Limitation of 16 units in occupational cooperative education courses.
Requirements: Must be enrolled in a minimum of 7 units (includes CS104)
Credit / No Credit only: CS104 may be repeated to a maximum of 16 units in Cooperative Education coursework.
- Main Learning Objective: Develop skills in a new aspect of a job which furthers the student’s occupational or educational goals.
- Additional Learning Objectives:
- Improved Communication Skills
- Effective Interviewing Techniques
- Professional Resume Preparation
- Improved Time Management Techniques
- Gain Netiquette Skills
Attendance & Grading: On the worksite, students must average, for an entire semester:
To assure student learning and employer objectives are met, learning objectives will be completed and reviewed for course credit by the on-site supervisor and the CS104 instructor.
Grading Determination: A grade of CR (credit) will be earned if:
- Performance objectives are met
- Required hours of work are met
- Paperwork is submitted according to the CS104 student timeline
How to Contact the Instructor:
Name: Cherylee Kushida
Office: A-101-5 (Cesar Chavez building)
Phone: (714) 564-6766, please leave a message with your name, class (day/time) and phone #