Sign In
Contact Us



There are two main GI Bill programs offering education assistance to survivors and dependents of Veterans:
 Additional notes regarding eligibility for transferability of education benefits include:
  •  Not barred for reenlistment or flagged due to adverse personnel actions.
    • Have at least 6 years of service on the date of request.

  • Have completed a minimum of six years in the armed forces and agree to serve another four years from the date of request, or
  • Have at least 10 years of service on the date of election and not able to commit four more years due to a retention-control point or mandatory retirement date, and commit to serve for the maximum time allowed by either the Retention Control Point or the MRD as the date of request, or
  • Have served at least 20 years on or before Aug. 1, 2009, therefore, no additional service required.


The application is submitted to the local VA Office.  Their website is: County Veterans Service Office (  Once the letter of approval is obtained, the letter must be submitted to the Veterans Resource Center where the Certifying Official can put it in the system.  It will be effective the next business day.  This form only waives the $46 unit fee.  The student must be a CA resident to be eligible.

 Due to a lack in staffing, SAC is currently not participating in the MyCAA program

Santa Ana College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: