You must call the VA for your individual specific eligibility & payment rates:
Benefit Comparison Charts
CHAPTER 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Served on active duty on or after 9/11/01.
- Honorable discharge from service.
- Served a minimum of 90 aggregate days (excluding entry level and skill training).
- Eligibility can also be established if served at least 30 continuous days active duty and discharged for a service-connected disability.
- Active duty members eligible on 90th day after completion of entry level training.
Use the BAH calculator and find out about the most up to date BAH rate under E-5 with dependents. SAC's zip code is 92706.
Calculated with this formula:
Units x 18/weeks = Credit Hr. Equivalent
FOR SAC & SCC STUDENTS
To get this rate, one course must be on campus for the entire term, if enrolled in the entire term. See Certifying Official if taking mini courses as that may affect rate of pursuit.
FOR All DISTANCE/ONLINE/WEB/TV LEARNING SAC & SCC STUDENTS
TUTION & FEES|
100% Rate of pursuit
(100% payment rate)
$41.67 per credit hour,
Max 24 units/$1,000 per ac year
Resets August 1st
Mandatory In-State Tuition and Fees charged by the school will be paid for by the VA.
Out of state charges for
non-California residents will not be paid for by the VA.
Payments are sent to the school directly.
85% to 94.9% Rate of Pursuit
(90% payment rate)
75% to 84.9% Rate of Pursuit
(80% payment rate)
65% to 74.9% Rate of Pursuit
(70% payment rate)
55% to 64.9% Rate of Pursuit
(60% payment rate)
50.1% to 54.9% Rate of Pursuit
(50% payment rate)
|1/2 Time or less|
50% and below Rate of Pursuit
|NO BAH||NO BAH|
|At least 36 months||100|
|At least 30 continuous days on active duty|
(Must be discharged due to service-connected disability)
|At least 30 months, but less than 36 months (1)||90|
|At least 24 months, but less than 30 months (1)||80 (3)|
|At least 18 months, but less than 24 months (2)||70 (3)|
|At least 12 months, but less than 18 months (2)||60|
|At least 06 months, but less than 12 months (2)||50|
|At least 90 days, but less than 06 months (2)||40|
Each student's payment rate may be different due to other factors (Training time, Active Duty time, kickers, buy-ups). Please call the VA at 1-888-442-4551 for specifics on your particular payment eligibility.
For the most up to date payment rates,
CHAPTER 30: Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty
- First entered active duty on or after 7/1/1985
- Had $1,200 deducted from the first 12 months of military pay for participation in MGIB.
- Have met their basic service requirement.
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or complete 12 hours toward a college degree before applying for benefits.
|Less than ½ time, more than ¼ time||$858.50**|
|¼ time or less||$429.25**|
CHAPTER 31: Vocational Rehabilitation
- Have received, or will receive, a discharge that is other than dishonorable.
- Have a service-connected disability rating of at least 10% or a memorandum rating of 20% or more from the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
- Apply for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess services.
- Benefit amount information can be obtained from the Voc Rehab Counselor.
To Apply or Receive Information and Assistance:
- Submit the completed
Form 28-1900 Form to the nearest VA Office. This form can also be submitted through Vonapp.
- You may obtain information and assistance from any VA office or online at
- Local representative of veteran's service organizations and the American Red Cross also have information and forms available.
CHAPTER 35: Dependent's Educational Assistance
Eligibility Requirements: You must be the son, daughter, or spouse of:
- A veteran who died or is 100% disabled as the result of a service-connected disability. The disability must arise out of active service in the Armed Forces
- A veteran who died from any cause while such service-connected disability was in existence.
- A service member missing in action or captured in line of duty by a hostile force.
- A service member forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power.
- A service member who is hospitalized or receiving outpatient treatment for a service connected permanent and total disability and is likely to be discharged for that disability.
|Less than ½ time, More than ¼ time||$499.00**|
|¼ time or less||$250.75**|
CHAPTER 1606: MONTGOMERY GI BILL-SR (Reservist)
- Have a 6-year obligation to serve in the Selected Reserve.
- Complete their Initial Active Duty for Training.
- Serve in a drilling Selected Reserve unit and remain in good standing.
- Obtained a HS diploma or equivalency certificate. Completing 12 credits towards a college degree before applying meets this requirement.
|Less than ½ time||$91.75|
CHAPTER 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- DOD and DHS determine eligibility, not VA
- No payment is required to participate in this program
- Must have been activated by Federal authority for a contingency operation as determined by the President or Congress.
- Must have served 90 continuous days or more on or after September 11, 2001
TRAINING TIME||CONSECUTIVE SERVICE OF 90 DAYS BUT LESS THAN ONE YEAR||
CONSECUTIVE SERVICE OF
1 YEAR +
CONSECUTIVE SERVICE OF
2 YEARS +
|Less than ½ time, More than ¼ time||$343.40**||$515.10**||$686.80**|
|¼ time or less||$171.70**||$257.55**||$343.40 **|