Welcome Veterans, Reservists, Active Duty and Eligible Dependents!
Please click on the following main components of the VRC:
Veterans Affairs Office
Veterans Upward Bound
Strength in Support
Certification of GI Bill® Benefits
& VRC Resources
|College Preparation Program
||Transitional Counseling |
& Off Campus Support
The Veterans Resource Center was created to help incoming Veteran students transition from soldiers to scholars. In addition, Veterans, Active Duty, Reservists, and their dependents are assisted with accessing their VA education benefits when pursuing an eligible AA/AS, Certificate, or Transfer Program for a BA/BS. The VRC also can direct students to campus resources that would help them succeed in their educational goals.
Add us on
Associate Dean: Loy Nashua
Building R-101 (Russell Hall)
1530 W. 17th. St.
Santa Ana, CA 92706
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
*Closed on District Holidays: February 13, 16, April 3, 8-10, May 25, 2015.
Hours are subject to change without notice. Please call ahead to confirm hours.
The VRC will be closed from December 19 at 11 a.m. through January 2, 2015
We will resume our normal business hours on January 5th, 2015.
Have a safe and happy holiday winter break!
What can Veterans and eligible dependents do at the VRC?
- Receive information on how to use VA Education benefits.
- Get help in filling out VA Ed benefits Applications.
- Turn in paperwork for VA benefits.
- Get referrals and information on other campus resources such as Admissions & Records, Financial Aid, EOPS, Counseling, DSP&S, Health & Wellness Services, Career/Job Center, Scholarships, Tutorial Services, Transfer Center, etc.
- Get information on outside campus resources for Veterans and families.
- Do their homework in a quiet environment (5 computers and a printer available. Print your homework for free!)
- Get help filling out your Financial Aid Applications and check the status as well.
- Turn in their CA BOG Fee Waiver applications and not have to wait in the Financial Aid Office Line.
- An Academic Counselor will b
e there a few hours a week to provide educational guidance and create educational plans as part of the required documentation for VA Benefits. We are now taking appointments.
- Other fellow veterans & volunteers will be there to assist through this process.
- Book Loans are available to those who are eligible for VA Benefits. Please speak with a VRC staff member for details.
The VRC was made possible by the Veterans Task Force of Santa Ana College headed by Jane Mathis, EOPS Counselor.