|Many talented individuals are employed part-time at the Santa Ana College Tutorial Learning Center as Tutors. Learning Facilitators/Tutors assist students in understanding course concepts, discovering solutions to problems, developing methods for independent work, sharpening study skills, and preparing for upcoming exams. |
- Must have completed the course(s) to be tutored with at least a "B" grade.
- Must be certified in writing by a RSCCD faculty member as competent in the subject(s) to be tutored.
- Must complete a tutor training program before tutoring others. (This requirement can be waived if the candidate possesses a Bachelor's degree or higher.)
- Must have the ability to communicate well with other students and a willingness to work with people of differing educational experiences, languages, and cultures.
- Must have a sincere desire to help others maximize their full potential.
Tutoring assignments range from 2 to 19 hours per week, depending on student demand. Work schedules are generally flexible. Students are tutored on an appointment basis; tutors work when they have appointments.
Tutoring is a wonderful opportunity to help others, review course material, and discover the self-fulfillment that only teaching can offer. If you are interested in exploring the possibility of being a tutor at SAC, stop by the TLC or call (714) 564-6260 and request an application.