The Career Academy Scholars Program (CASP) is a program which allows current high school students an opportunity to enroll at SAC while still being enrolled in high school. The program covers the cost of the class, textbook, and any necessary equipment needed for the course which the student is enrolled in. The high school students receive both high school and college credit, and have their own college counselor to help facilitate a successful higher education experience.
The Career Advanced Placement Program (CAPP) allows eligible K-12 students to enroll at a community college for educational enrichment courses.
Students may only register for less than 12 units. College credit is granted for all courses taken under this program. Complete request forms must be submitted to the Admissions Office before students are permitted to register. Final approval rests with Santa Ana College.
High school students must follow the following steps:
- Obtain CAPP application form from the Admissions or Outreach Offices.
- Student must obtain signatures of parent and school principal.
- Student must obtain college approval from the Division Dean or designee. Final approval rests with Santa Ana College. Refer to http://www.sac.edu, go to the Admissions and Records page to locate the appropriate Division and Dean's contact information.
- Return completed Career Advanced Placement Program form to the Admissions Office. If necessary, the Admissions Office will advise the student to complete the Admissions Application and provide registration instructions.
- Placement testing is required for students enrolling in English, Reading or Mathematics courses. Testing may also be required for other courses based upon approved course prerequisites. Contact the Testing Office at (714) 564-6148 for a schedule of tests.
- Students who are currently enrolled in grades K-8 are required to pay all college fees. The Enrollment Fee ($36.00 per unit) is waived for students who are currently enrolled in grades 9-12. However, students must pay all other college fees.
- The parent's signature grants permission for their son/daughter to enroll in college courses at Santa Ana College. The parent acknowledges that Santa Ana College is an adult environment and assumes responsibility for their young student's conduct while on campus. Additionally, in compliance with federal privacy law, the parent will need their student's written permission to gain access to any non-directory information.