The Nealley Library is committed to providing an environment that is conducive to study as well as welcoming to all users. The library offers a wide range of services, materials, and information sources. To this end, we have developed this policy regarding the posting of college and non-college publicity materials and solicitation activities within the library facility.
This Library policy is developed within the publicity guidelines and regulations established by the Associated Students, Santa Ana College and the Rancho Santiago Community College District.1
- The Library reserves the right to selectively post in its two bulletin boards and as appropriate the following:
- Santa Ana College and/or Rancho Santiago Community College District activity/ library class notices
- Cultural events
- No political campaign publicity may be posted in the Library.
- The Circulation Department Technician in charge of displays is responsible for posting publicity materials in the library.
- Unauthorized publicity will be removed and discarded.
Definition: Solicitation is defined as any verbal or written effort to raise funds through the sale of merchandise/services or through charitable donations as well as to influence opinions or gain support for an issue or cause.
No solicitation is permitted in the Library by Santa Ana College students or by any off-campus groups or individuals.
1Santa Ana College. Student Activities. SAC Publicity Regulations, Revised January 2000.
Revised November 4, 2004
Copyright 2005, RSCCD Last updated 11/15/2011