BORROWING AND RETURNING LIBRARY MATERIALS
Nealley Library materials may be checked out at the Circulation (aka: Front Desk) and the Periodicals Desks. Staff (full-time, part-time, and substitute), working at the Circulation (aka: Front Desk) or Periodicals Department must abide by the following established library policy:
- The following library materials: laptops, magazines, newspapers, journals, microfiche and microfilm will be checked-out, returned to and checked-in at the Periodicals Department only.
- The periodicals Department may also check-out books from the Main Stacks, Oversize and Children's collections.
- Students, Staff and Community Members checking-out books from the Periodicals Department should be advised that these books should be returned to the Circulation (Front Desk) Department for check-in.
Circulation (Front Desk) Department
- Library materials from the following collections: Reserves and Special Collections, will be checked out, returned to and checked-in at the Circulation (Front Desk) Department only.
- Anyone requesting or returning Reserve materials must do so only at the Circulation (Front Desk) service desk.
This Department will also check-out and check-in books from the Main Stacks, Oversize and Children's collection, as well as pamphlets, play scripts, videos, CDs, CD-ROMs, DVDs and disks.
Payment of Overdue / Damaged or Lost Items
Payment of library fines or other charges will be handled at the service desk that the charges generate from. The exception to this rule is when patrons have a variety of fines/charges that involve both service desks, and in this case, payments may be taken at the Department that the student first approaches.
Any lost item charges, processing fees, or damage charges must be handled at the service desk these charges originated from so that patrons receive appropriate information and statuses, as well as proper clearance of Datatel holds.
Returning Library Materials to Nealley Library Book Drop
Library materials that check out of the Library may be returned to the drive-by library book drop located behind the L-Building. Items may belong to SAC or SCC. Video, audio, CD-ROMs or DVD library materials may be returned to the book drop at the student's discretion since these items may damage in the book drop.
- Books, Compact Discs, Play Scripts - 3 weeks
- Audio Tapes, Pamphlets, Some Periodicals, Maps, Videos - 1 week
- Some reserve items - Overnight
- Most reserve items, Some Periodicals - 2 Hours Library Use Only (no take home permitted)
- Reference Books, Atlas Case Books, Periodicals on Display Shelves - Library Use Only (no take home permitted)
Books that circulate for three weeks may be renewed for an additional week in person, online or over the phone up to three times, if not reserved. One week items, popular fiction, and reserve items cannot be renewed.
TAKE HOME LIMITS
A student may have a maximum of 15 items checked out at one time.