Program Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the program, Students will be able to do the following:
1. Demonstrate the ability to relate to clients/patients in a supportive manner.
2. Use appropriate forms of polite and professional communication and conduct with clients, staff,
family and caregivers.
3. Use language and behavior appropriate to a person's developmental and educational level,
communication style and communication disorder.
4. Communicate in a clear, precise and accurate manner in oral and written forms all information
relevant to the care of the client and/or caregiver to the speech language pathologist.
5. Maintain confidentiality and other appropriate workplace behaviors.
6. Follow health and safety precautions.
7. Accurately implement documented treatment plans or protocols developed by the supervising
8. Respond to changes in behaviors or protocols in an appropriate and timely manner.
9. Demonstrate good time management skills.
10. Assist the speech-language pathologist during assessment of patients/clients.
11. Record clear, precise and accurate data concerning client, family, and or caregiver in
relation to therapeutic regime, responses and outcomes.
12. Develop and present appropriate educational materials that are age appropriate, culturally
sensitive and disorder sensitive.
13. Assist with departmental operations (scheduling, record keeping, office management systems,
safety/maintenance of supplies and equipment).
14. Demonstrate a clear understanding of job responsibilities, compliance with regulations,
reimbursement requirements and ethical awareness.
15. Demonstrate professional ethics consistent with being a member of the speech-language pathology team.