How to offer Support to Students
The Disabled Students Program & Services provides individualized accommodations and support services for students with disabilities.
- If a student communicates that he/she has a disability and does not have documentation, please refer the student to DSPS.
- If a student submits a DSPS Accommodation letter, but you cannot honor the accommodation, please communicate this to the student and then contact the LD Specialist (information on the Accommodation Letter) to discuss other options.
- In order to respect our student’s confidentiality, please do no ask students their disability.
- If you have concerns about a student and you are aware that he/she is in the DSPS Program, it is encouraged that you communicate your concerns to the student and discuss the student’s options with him/her. If you want additional support, please contact the LD specialist (information on Accommodation Letter) to discuss your concerns.
- Students enrolled in DSPS are SAC students and are held to the same standards as other students, as noted in the SAC Student Handbook, under the Student Code of Conduct section BP5201.
- If you have any questions about DSPS, please feel free to contact the DSPS office at (714) 564-6295 or (714) 564-6264