Sign In
Contact Us


FAQ's -- Frequently Asked Questions 

How do I apply for the MESA program?
To apply for the MESA Program, you must fill out an online application which will be reviewed during one of the open enrollment periods of April or November.

Do I have to file a FASFA form to become a member of the MESA Program?
Yes, we need you to complete the financial aid process so we can verify your level of financial need.

Why do I have to have an e-mail address?
Your email address is the primary way the program communicates with you. This allows us to keep students informed about up coming activities, scholarship deadlines and general MESA developments.

Who can join MESA?
Students who are interested in math, engineering, and science based majors and are willing to work hard to improve their overall grade point average can take advantage of the program. Students must meet the economic and educational criteria and must be transferring to a four-year university with intentions of earning a Bachelor’s degree.

What must students do to stay in MESA?
Students must participate in MESA activities; including enrolling in college prerequisite classes, making significant progress towards transferring in their major, meeting with a MESA counselor each semester etc. Please see the MESA contract for more detailed information.

Where is the MESA Study Center located?
The MESA Study Center is located on the second floor of the Library building, Room L-207. This room also serves as a tutoring center and computer lab and a convenient place to study.

What is an AEW/Academic Excellence Workshop?
AEWs are weekly workshops designed to help students better understand their math and science course through additional work in a group study setting.

Do I have to set up an appointment for tutoring?
Students do not have to set up appointments for tutoring. Tutoring is a drop-in service, meaning that students are welcome to stop by to receive help any time a tutor is scheduled .

Are there scholarships available through the MESA Program?
MESA scholarships are available to MESA students that are transferring and plan to major in science, computer science, engineering or mathematics.   

There are also many scholarships and internships available to Santa Ana College Students. The MESA Program has an Internship and Scholarship database for math, science, and engineering that are available for students to look through.

What is the difference between a Santa Ana College Club and the MESA program?
A Santa Ana Club is a student organization that meets on the campus and is organized though Student Life. MESA is an academic program at Santa Ana College that supports students seeking to transfer to a four-year university in the files of mathematics, science, enigneering, and computer science.

Santa Ana College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: