The Human Development department offers 4 degrees and 4 certificates, and prepares students to work with children from birth to age twelve. Housed in the V-Building with the Child Development Center and Lab School, faculty have designed coursework to provide a well sequenced academic and hands-on learning experience that prepares students in becoming high-quality professionals in a career working with children and families. Enjoy our site! Check out our various pages for information on our teaching team, student activities and opportunities, and information about the field.
Human Development is multidisciplinary department devoted to being a leader and partner in meeting the intellectual, cultural, and technological workforce of educators and professionals working with families and children. We offer a combination program of academic courses, vocational activities, and service learning experiences that prepare students to: earn an associate degree, transfer to a university, earn diverse professional careers, and become child advocates and leaders of our community.
1. Provide a learning community environment that is innovative, student centered, and celebrates student achievement
2. Prepares students for the success in their academic career, and personal life endeavors through vocational certification and degree programs
3. Partner with campus and community resources to enhance our laboratory environment for students’ optimal learning.
4. Prepare students for cutting edge technology for professional and personal growth.
5. Pursue on and off campus funding sources to enhance program and student success.
6. Maintain a positive, productive, and working environment for our tenured and adjunct faculty members, by providing and supporting professional development and curriculum innovation.