The Human Development department offers 4
degrees and 4 certificates, and prepares students to work with children from
birth to age twelve. Housed in the V-Building with the Child
Development Center and Lab School, faculty have designed coursework to
provide a well sequenced academic and hands-on
learning experience that prepares students in becoming
high-quality professionals in a career working with children and
families. Enjoy our site! Check out our various pages for
information on our teaching team, student activities and opportunities, and
information about the field.
Human Development is multidisciplinary department devoted to being a
leader and partner in meeting the intellectual, cultural, and technological
workforce of educators and professionals working with families and children. We
offer a combination program of academic courses, vocational activities, and
service learning experiences that prepare students to: earn an associate
degree, transfer to a university, earn diverse professional careers, and become
child advocates and leaders of our community.
1. Provide a learning community environment that is innovative, student
centered, and celebrates student achievement
2. Prepares students for the success in their academic career, and personal
life endeavors through vocational certification and degree programs
3. Partner with campus and community resources to enhance our laboratory
environment for students’ optimal learning.
4. Prepare students for cutting edge technology for professional and personal
5. Pursue on and off campus funding sources to enhance program and student
6. Maintain a positive, productive, and working environment for our
tenured and adjunct faculty members, by providing and supporting professional
development and curriculum innovation.