Criminal Justice Academies
Fall 2012 Office Hours
Monday- Thursday 7a.m. -4p.m.
The staff of the Criminal Justice Academies takes pride in insuring the needs of our customer are met. We continue to provide quality, up-to-date professional training that meet the needs of the Criminal Justice System as mandated by POST and STC. We meet our goals through partnership with Federal, State, County and Municipal Law Enforcement.
Criminal Justice Academies Overview
We offer a wide variety of training courses available to individuals considering a career in law enforcement or individuals currently in the law enforcement field.
Active classes include:
1. Over 250 non-traditional classes
2. Training that prepares a student for a career in law enforcement
3. Cross training of social services and law enforcement
4. Academy training for both full-time and reserve officers
5. State mandated training for campus law enforcement and security
Participants of the CJA Program:
1. Over 24,000 individuals participate annually including: sworn police officers; deputy sheriffs; district attorney investigators; campus law enforcement and security officers; individuals with an interest in criminal justice; code enforcement officers; beaches and parks security staff; reserve police and deputy sheriff’s; probation officers; and civilian and sworn custody officers.
Training requirements change with time, and we strive to accommodate our customers with quality training classes to meet their needs.