Vision: The SAC Adapted Kinesiology vision is a community where individuals with disabilities and chronic diseases enjoy productive careers and fulfilling lives by maintaining the greatest amount of independence possible throughout their years.
Mission: The SAC Adapted Kinesiology mission is to foster the development of knowledge and skills that enable people with disabilities and chronic diseases to exercise safely, appropriately, and independently as possible. We increase student learning and achievement by delivering innovative accommodations and instructional strategies. We value partnerships with students, campus programs, and the community which support the achievement of our long-term goals;
- Provide an access point to the college for community members with disabilities who are seeking general education, job retraining, and basic skills development.
- Engage students in building physical strength and endurance necessary for full-time college attendance & employment.
- Provide movement experiences which aid student’s pursuit in mastery of the institutional core competencies.
- Promote exercise self-efficacy and personal health responsibility.
- Teach students the knowledge and critical thinking skills needed to adapt a variety of exercises to meet their current and future fitness needs.
- Deliver safe and appropriate health and fitness information.
- Promote Universal Design Learning (UDL) principles and practices within the Santa Ana College of Health & Exercise Science programs and the surrounding community.